According to the applications, seamless steel pipe can be classified into several major types.
1. GB/T8162-1999: structure seamless steel pipes. This type of pipe mainly used in general structure and mechanical structure. The representative materials are: carbon steel, steel of NO.20 and 45, alloy steel of Q345, 20Cr, 40Cr, 20CrMo, 30-35CrMo, 42CrMo and so on.
2. GB/T8163-1999: for fluid transmission. This kind of pipe mainly used for transmitting fluid for engineering and large equipment. Representative materials are steel of NO.20 and alloy steel of Q345 and so on.
3. GB3087-1999: for low and medium pressure boiler. The pipe is generally applied in steam pipes and steam locomotive boiler tubes and steel of No. 10 and 20 are representative materials.
4. GB1479-2000: for high-pressure chemical fertilizer equipment. Appropriated for chemical equipment with working temperature from -40 to 400 ℃ and working pressure from 10 to 30Ma. Representative materials are 20,16Mn, 12CrMo, 12Cr2Mo etc.
5. GB9948-1988: for petroleum cracking. Mainly applied in boilers of oil refineries and heat exchangers and 20,12CrMo, 1Cr5Mo, 1Cr19Ni11Nb are the representative material.
6. YB235-70: for geological drilling. This pipe is exclusively used in core drilling for geological department and be classified into drill pipe, drill collar, core pipe, casing and precipitation tubes according to its application.
7. YB528-65: for oil drilling. This pipe has two types: pipe with lath thread and without lath thread. Pipe with lath thread connected through joints while the another pipe connected through welding.
8. GB3088-82: for automobile axle casing. This pipe usually used for manufacturing automobile axle casing and driving shaft.
9. GB3093-86: for diesel engine. This pipe generally applied in creating injection systems of diesel engine with high- pressure.
10. GB3639-83: for precise mechanical structure and hydraulic equipment. Choosing precise seamless steel pipe for manufacturing hydraulic equipment and device, can not only save the processing time, but also can improve the utilization of material and the quality of product.
11. GB / T14975-1994: for structure. This pipe is widely used in chemical, petroleum, textile, medical, food, machinery and other industrial as anti- corrosion pipes.